Friday, 17 August 2018
Dennis Calvert, CEO of BioLargo, Inc., Returns to Uptick Newswire’s Stock Day Podcast to Discuss the Company’s Record-Breaking Quarterly Results and a Progress Report on its March to its First Industry-Wide Adoption
PHOENIX, Aug. 16, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Dennis Calvert, CEO of BioLargo, Inc. (BLGO) recently spoke with “Stock Day” host Everett Jolly about BioLargo’s progress since the previous show at the end of July.
BioLargo is a dynamic technology incubator and environmental engineering company that develops innovative technology solutions for clean air, clean water and advanced wound care.
Jolly started the interview by asking Calvert to give an update on the Company’s first commercial success, CupriDyne Clean, the odor and VOC control product being sold to the waste handling and wastewater treatment industries.
Calvert discussed the company’s success in selling products and services to four of the top industry members in the waste handling industry and how they are engaged in a region by region adoption process with at least six regional offices in the queue. He also discussed the Company’s expansion to offer a full solution to the industry that includes product, engineering, construction, maintenance and service.
Jolly went on to ask and Calvert responded by providing a short update about its advances for the medical products currently under FDA 510 (k) application and the Company’s clean water technology heading into pilots this fall. Jolly asked about the Company’s goal to uplist its stock to a national exchange and Calvert responded, including a discussion about how success in this area would help the Company prepare to take full advantage of what management expects to be enormous and rapid growth opportunities unfolding.
For more information about BioLargo’s marketing strategies, product updates, pending FDA approvals, and the company’s systematic adoption strategies, listen to the full interview at the link below:
For up-to-date information on the company’s technologies and products, follow their blog at the link below:
Tuesday, 14 August 2018
BioLargo Achieves Record Product Sales and Revenues - Marching to First Industry-Wide Adoption
Westminster, CA – August 14, 2018 – BioLargo, Inc. (OTCQB: BLGO), an innovator of sustainable science and technology and full-service environmental engineering company, announced that it had filed its 10-Q quarterly report for the second quarter of 2018. Link to Press Release
Highlights from the quarterly report include:
• Revenue from product sales for the three and six months ended June 30, 2018 increased by 216% and 270%, respectively, compared with the three and six months ended June 30, 2017.
• Total revenues for the first six months of 2018 was $589,767. • With over $300,000 of revenue in the second quarter, and more than $500,000 for the first six months, the company believes it will exceed $1,000,000 annual revenue in 2018.
• Since the first of the year, the company has reduced its debt obligations by approximately $5.8 million.
• The company has submitted an application to list its common stock on NASDAQ, as management believes uplisting from the OTCQB will provide many benefits to the company and its stockholders.
The company’s flagship product, CupriDyne Clean, reduces and eliminate tough odors and VOC’s in various industrial settings, including solid waste handling facilities such as transfer stations and landfills, and wastewater treatment facilities. Recent highlights include:
• The company is now serving four of the leading companies in the waste handling industry and has secured multiple flagship clients in the wastewater treatment industry.
• National customers have begun adopting CupriDyne Clean on a regional basis and the company expects the trend to continue.
• CupriDyne Clean revenues rose 30% in Q-2 as compared with Q-1 of 2018, and revenues from all odor related products and services increased by 41% for the same period.
• Management believes its CupriDyne Clean operations are scalable and the market opportunity has been validated.
• “Turn-key” odor control services are now being offered to clients, with over 30 “design-build” bids for odor control systems having been submitted to expand the use of CupriDyne Clean in client operations; and the company expanded its service offering to include ongoing maintenance and on-site support services to its clients.
• One customer showcased its work with CupriDyne Clean as an example of “Best Practices” at a recent industry conference.
BioLargo’s engineering team, based in the Knoxville, Tennessee area, includes seven scientists and engineers with a combined 200+ years’ experience in diverse engineering fields. Notable highlights in its growing pipeline of business include:
• BLEST has been retained to serve as “Owner’s Engineer” in preparation for a for a proposed $687 million integrated biofuels production project to be built on the east coast.
• It is working with a leading natural gas utility in Tennessee to perform a compliance review of operating, maintenance, and emergency response activities and to ensure the overall integrity of the facilities review relating to new rules established by the U.S. Department of Transportation Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PMMSA) regulation pertaining to the use of natural underground storage of natural gas.
• It has been hired to evaluate emissions from an “energetic materials incinerator” at a large U.S. military installation to ensure they are meeting EPA regulatory standards.
• It has expanded its service offering as a direct result of a recently acquired new equipment called a custom-fabricated Rotary Thermal Apparatus (RTA) which expands the capabilities of the company to outside clients and creates a host of new business opportunities. This offering was highlighted in a recent ‘Company Spotlight’ (http://biolargo.blogspot.com/2018/07/biolargot-spotlight-blest-acquires-new.html).
Clyra Medical Technologies, Inc. (“Clyra”) is developing disruptive products featuring the BioLargo technology in the medical industry. Initial product designs focus in the “advanced wound care” field, which includes traumatic injury, diabetic ulcers, and chronic hard-to-heal wounds. Updates for Clyra include:
• Awaiting premarket clearance of its first product under Section 510(k) of the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.
• Continuing on new product development.
• Management is actively engaged in arranging for clinical work and is in discussions with a number of potential strategic partners.
The AOS is a water treatment device that eliminates pathogenic organisms and organic contaminants with extreme efficacy while consuming very little electricity. It is designed to be the final step in a water treatment system and is less expensive to operate and faster than current treatment technologies (UV and ozone). Prominent highlights include:
• A pilot project commencing this fall will use the AOS to treat poultry wastewater on-site at a poultry producer’s facility in Alberta, Canada.
• The pilot project commencing this fall will use the AOS to treat wastewater at a Californian brewery.
• It Canadian subsidiary recently applied for significant grant funding to re-initiate work to help treat Oil Sands Produced Waters and other oil and gas wastewaters using the AOS. The company will be notified about the status of this funding application in the coming months.
• Work is continually progressing to support a number of commercial applications, with a key focus on wastewater treatment, food processing, agriculture, and oil and gas. The company in the early stages of evaluating opportunities in in the storm drain recapture/recycling, and drinking water.
• To support the planned pilots for the AOS, BioLargo Water has secured public funding from the Government of Canada, including a CA $235,000 grant from the Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC-IRAP) to fund its first on-site pilot project in the Canadian poultry industry. The company also submitted and are currently submitting applications for a series of substantial government grants (totaling more than $4M (USD) to fund its development and piloting efforts in wastewater, food processing and oil and gas applications.
• The company’s engineering team in Tennessee is actively preparing a process engineering package for the AOS system.
Dennis P. Calvert, President of BioLargo, commented, “The company is poised to take advantage of what we believe are multiple commercial growth opportunities with massive market potential. We are more prepared than ever before to leverage our considerable technology portfolio and human know-how to grow our business. Our team is excited and ready for the challenges ahead.”
BioLargo proudly and regularly publishes information about its employees, products and activities through social media, including:
• Facebook pages at:
You can follow our twitter feeds here:
About BioLargo, Inc.
BioLargo, Inc. is an innovative technology incubator and environmental engineering company driven by a mission to “make life better” by delivering robust, sustainable solutions for a broad range of industries and applications, with a focus on clean water, clean air, and advanced wound care. We incubate disruptive technologies by providing the capital, support, and expertise to expedite them from “cradle” to “maturity” (www.biolargo.com). Our engineering division features experienced professional engineers dedicated to integrity, reliability, and environmental stewardship (www.biolargoengineering.com). Our industrial odor control division, Odor-No-More (www.odornomore.com) features CupriDyne Clean Industrial Odor Eliminator (www.cupridyne.com), which eliminates the odor-causing compounds and VOCs rather than masking them, and is now winning over leading companies in the solid waste handling and wastewater industries and other industries that contend with malodors and VOCs. Our subsidiary BioLargo Water (www.biolargowater.ca) develops the Advanced Oxidation System “AOS”, a disruptive industrial water treatment technology designed to eliminate waterborne pathogens and recalcitrant contaminants with better energy-efficiency and lower operational costs than incumbent technologies. Our subsidiary Clyra Medical (www.clyramedical.com) features effective and gentle solutions for chronic infected wounds to promote infection control and regenerative tissue therapy.
Safe Harbor Act
This press release includes “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the safe harbor provisions of the United States Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ from expectations, estimates and projections and, consequently, you should not rely on these forward-looking statements as predictions of future events. Words such as “expect,” “estimate,” “project,” “budget,” “forecast,” “anticipate,” “intend,” “plan,” “may,” “will,” “could,” “should,” “believes,” “predicts,” “potential,” “continue,” and similar expressions are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements involve significant risks and uncertainties that could cause the actual results to differ materially from the expected results.
President and CEO BioLargo, Inc.
Tuesday, 7 August 2018
BioLargo Spotlight: AOS Stormwater project
This is BioLargo Water President, Dr. Richard Smith, bringing you news of an important upcoming study we at BioLargo Water will be executing in collaboration with the University of Saskatchewan and the City of Saskatoon. We’re very excited about this project, as it offers us a unique opportunity to prove, in a real field setting, that our Advanced Oxidation System (AOS) can solve an important water treatment challenge: stormwater.
This project, which is funded in part by the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) of Canada, will see a pilot-scale AOS system treating real stormwater collected from high-flow sewers in the City of Saskatoon, SK from real storm events. The study will allow BioLargo Water to prove that the AOS is a powerful and cost-effective solution for the treatment of stormwater across Canada and the US. Our AOS has already been proven effective against a wide range of problematic contaminants relevant to stormwater, including bacteria, viruses, and organic contaminants, and we are confident the AOS will make short work of Saskatoon’s stormwater.
As the issue of water shortage grows more and more grave across many parts of the world, stormwater is becoming an increasingly important topic for regulators and technology providers. In many places in Canada and the US, the treatment and reuse of stormwater has the potential to provide an economical and environmentally friendly solution to mitigate water shortages. This is why we at BioLargo Water see it as imperative that we assess the AOS’ ability to help address this application.
In addition to being an important environmental and water management challenge, stormwater treatment is also a large market that is expected to grow significantly over the coming years. According to a report by the Water Environment Federation, the stormwater treatment market in the USA alone accounts for $6B USD annually. This fact, combined with the high degree of investment in innovative stormwater treatment technologies by government agencies and private investors, makes stormwater treatment a highly attractive market for BioLargo’s AOS technology.
What is a BioLargo Spotlight?
It’s an exciting time at BioLargo. We’re moving fast, and it can be difficult to keep our stockholders and the investing public informed of our progress. In light of this, we will be posting a series of short articles titled “BioLargo Spotlight”, highlighting certain business activities and other important information in between our required SEC filings. Of course, these do not replace our public filings, which contain more complete information than can be delivered in this forum, and thus we urge you to carefully read and rely on those filings for definitive information, and to review our risk factors and caution regarding forward-looking statements. We are optimistic about our business as we work hard to continue to grow and ultimately generate profits for our stockholders.
Our attorneys remind us that while we believe these developments are important and that these small victories could add up and lead to big victories, at this stage they do not rise to the level of an official material disclosure. As the size and magnitude of these developments become material, we will naturally report that information in an 8-K and our regular SEC filings.