SANTA ANA, CA--(Marketwired - Dec 14, 2015) - BioLargo, Inc.'s (
Dr. Richard Smith, President of BioLargo Water, Inc., commented, "This funding allows us to conduct synchrotron studies at the Canadian Light Source (www.lightsource.ca), to hire additional staff, including two PhDs, and to support further development of our technology and AOS filter over the next 18 months."
Dennis Calvert, President and CEO of BioLargo, added, "We are thankful for continued financial support of the NRC-IRAP program. Their support is critical to advance our plans to grow and generate profits through our continued development and commercialization of our innovative AOS filter technology."
About NSERC- IRAP
The National Research Council-Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC-IRAP) is Canada's premier innovation assistance program for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). It is a vital component of the NRC, a cornerstone in Canada's innovation system, regarded world-wide as one of the best programs of its kind.
For over 60 years, the National Research Council of Canada Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC-IRAP) has been stimulating wealth creation for Canada through technological innovation. This is largely accomplished by providing technology assistance to small and medium-sized enterprises at all stages of the innovation process, to build their innovation capacity. NRC-IRAP helps small and medium-sized enterprises understand the technology issues and opportunities and provides linkages to the best expertise in Canada.
They Summarize their program as follow:
- Stimulate wealth creation for Canada through technological innovation.
- Stimulate innovation in small and medium-sized enterprises in Canada.
- Be a leader in supporting the development of new technologies and their successful commercialization in a global context.
- Provide value-added front line service to clients.
- Respect and invest in the value of people.
- Build and contribute to partnerships.
- Maintain and enhance technical credibility.
- Ensure accountability for quality service and effective use of resources.
Our program goals
- Support small and medium-sized enterprise innovation.
- Strengthen technology-based communities.
- Increase our client reach.
Our strategic objectives
- Provide support to small and medium-sized enterprises in Canada in the development and commercialization of technologies.
- Collaborate in initiatives within regional and national organizations that support the development and commercialization of technologies by small and medium-sized enterprises.